Display Result » CN8

POLICY CN8 - Replacement dwellings in the open countryside

The replacement of an existing dwelling in open countryside with another single dwelling will be permitted where:

  1. the existing dwelling is not a caravan or a mobile home or subject to a temporary planning permission;
  2. the existing dwelling has not been abandoned;
  3. it can be demonstrated to the satisfaction of the District Council that suitable accommodation needs cannot be met through the alteration or extension and/or refurbishment of the original  dwelling;
  4. the replacement does not result in the loss of a small dwelling and is commensurate in size with the existing dwelling (excluding separate outbuildings);
  5. the proposed dwelling is positioned on the footprint of the existing dwelling, unless it can be demonstrated to the satisfaction of the District Council that there are visual, landscape, highway safety or other environmental grounds which would justify an alternative location within the established curtilage;
  6. the curtilage of the replacement dwelling is no greater than the curtilage of the existing dwelling; and
  7. the proposal includes the demolition of the dwelling to be replaced.

View this result in context

Disclaimer: The Proposal Map (including the inset maps) has been produced using the Council's Geographical Information System. The Proposal Map (including the inset maps) represented in the electronic version of the Local Plan is not to scale and should not be interpreted other than at the published scale nor be used for the purposes of measurement. The colours and symbols used may not be an exact interpretation of the published printed version of the Local Plan. In general the printed Local Plan maps take precedence. With respect to Conservation Areas however the printed version may include an inaccurate boundary, as since the adoption of the Local Plan, some Conservation Areas have been reviewed and amended. In theses cases the electronic version should be the correct one. To confirm, please check with the Conservation Officer. The Ordnance Survey mapping included within this web site is provided by Malvern Hills District Council under licence from the Ordnance Survey (0100018590)(2009) in order to fulfill its public function to publicise the Local Plan as the Local Planning Authority.